Principles are how we work. They simplify our decision-making. They form the basis of our thoughts and consequently, our actions and outcomes.
It's really hard to get a sense for a person based on their outcomes alone (who they are now), but perhaps if you could peer into the experiences & concepts that made them who they are...
Influential ideas I strive to embody. Concept courtesy of Ray Dalio's Principles.
- Extreme Ownership
- The details matter
- Be willing to have hard conversations (also see: radical candor, transparency)
- Build great culture
- MVP, agile, iteration
- Startup = learning
- Shipping is better than refining
- Start with the why
- Use habits to automate good ideas
- The team is everything
- Empower, don't hoard
- Show up and do the work. (Writers, Godin, )
- Work towards 10,000 hours
- T-shaped person
- Follow user-centric design (Ideo)
- Have fun (Richard Branson)
- [Make as suggestion]
*Principles: are still a WIP. I'd love to fill out all of these with links and references to good examples and source content, but it takes a bit of time to do properly. Please bear with me.
- Grit - Angela Duckworth
- Mindset - Carol Dweck
- The Cook and the Chef - Wait but Why
- Principles - Ray Dalio
- The Power of Habit - Charles Duhigg
- Smarter, Faster, Better - Charles Duhigg
- Screw it let's do it - Richard Branson
- The Elements of Style - Strunk and White